Aarons Rents - Fed up with aarons
there is a recent lawsuit
Lawsuit Filed Against Aaron's, Inc. Regarding Alleged Improper Practices
Lawsuit claims that Aaron's, Inc. repeatedly breaches rent-to-own contracts, violates state usury laws, and engages in unfair business practices.
Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) November 11, 2011
Atlanta law firm Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC has filed a class action lawsuit against Aaron's, Inc., one of America's leading rent-to-own companies with over 1,900 total stores. Aaron's leases furniture, appliances, and electronics to consumers usually with the promise that, after a certain number of payments have been successfully completed, the consumer will own the items.
The new lawsuit alleges that Aaron's has breached its lease agreements by refusing to provide pay-off information to consumers and through other improper practices. The suit further asserts that the company has used unfair business practices, false advertising, and misrepresentations to induce customers to enter lease agreements that are not as favorable for the consumer as represented. The claims also include unjust enrichment. The case, styled Clark v. Aaron's, Inc., is pending in the Superior Court of Fulton County Georgia and has been assigned Case Number 2011-CV-207622.
According to the suit, Aaron's rent-to-own business model is in reality the extension of credit through consumer loans disguised as leases for the purchase of goods. The suit alleges that the difference between the market value of the goods and the total amount of payments made by a consumer constitutes interest. State usury laws, such as the civil and criminal usury statutes in Georgia, impose a cap on the amount of interest that may be charged by a lender. The suit alleges that Aaron's repeatedly violates these laws.
Further, the suit alleges that Aaron's deceptively markets its well-known offer of "120-days same as cash." According to the complaint, this offer purports to allow consumers to buy their furniture, appliances, or electronics from Aaron's for their market value so long as the consumer pays in full within four months. The deception, as alleged in the suit, is that Aaron's regularly and proactively attempts to prevent consumers from taking advantage of the 120-day offer by failing to provide them with their outstanding balance or pay-off amount in a timely and appropriate manner.
If you wish to discuss this action or have any questions concerning this press release, please contact John Lyon, Esq. by e-mail or by calling (770) 444-9325.review #274848
You may also like
- "Spent 3500 dollars in this store!!! In 6 months Everything is falling apart!!! They claim to have great customer service??? Yeah right!!! The corperate office is saying we Abused our..."
- "10-17-14. Went to American Freights, North Memorial Pkwy,Huntsville Al, Store...I picked sofa, loveseat, recliner for my disabled mother. .I took pictures of the furniture I picked and forwarded pics..to my..."
- "Very bad quality of sofa, and expensive. We bought the Simmons Upholstery reclining sofa, color dark brown, made bonded leather. Less 1,5 year after purchase the bonded leather cracked, the..."
- "If you are interested in making money manipulating penny stocks by bashing companies so you can buy stock cheap then IHUB is made for you..The have power hungry administrators that..."
- "****HORRIBLE DINING EXPERIENCE***I purchased a to-go order from ApplebeeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s at 6608 Tara Blvd., Jonesboro, GA 30236 on 3/25/12. When I opened the box expecting to see Bourbon St. Chicken..."
- "I got an offer of $200 for my iPhone 5. I accepted the offer and sent them a perfect phone. Today they emailed me that upon inspection the back of..."
- "I ordered my chicken noodle soup to go and found a dead fly floating in it. I am beyond disgusted!!!! I called Panera Bread and after being on hold for..."
- "I had a similar experience with Ashley Furniture with my leather sofa bed and loveseat started peeling. First, in about a month from buying it, the sofa bed and loveseat,..."
- "I will NEVER EVER shop with wet seal again!!! this is two weeks and I have not received my order. After I placed my order I did not receive a..."