Aarons Rents - AArons Rentals- Harassed me at work weekly

Jun 25, 2012
review #327099

Back in Dec 2008 I rented a 60" TV 8 months later the TV was stolen, I went to Aarons the next morning to give them all the police inforamtion and was dumb founded to find out that if the TV was distroyed it would be covedred under there insurance policy if stolen you are SOL I was told that they were sorry and How would I like to pay for the TV??? I made the payment then called their corparate office in Arizona and spoke to someone I thought was in charge to help me, after sometime they said they would lower my monthly payment by half and sell the TV to me at cost. Well as the weeks and months went on I made payments on the TV that I no longer owned and because I had gotten behind on a payment I would receive from 3-7 calls aweek from that locations staff at work and everytime I would have to explain the whole matter over and over I would make arrangements to pay and within hours I was getting another call that I missed a payment and several times they showed up to my house close to 9pm to demand the TV and wanted to come into my house to look around, I had nothing to hide but I had no reason to let 3 people come into my house and LOOK Around.

My husband was laid off in may 2010 and it came to a point that I could pay this bill completely every month but made every effort to pay something as often as often as I could but when it came down to paying for a TV that I didn't have or my car payment which I needed for work I had no choice to pick the car.

I went to make a payment and was told that the account was turned over to the attorneys and they would contact me that was Feb 2011. Yesterday I was served papers that I am being sued for $403 plus fees and intrest.

Really, how many people would have paid that much on something that they didn't own and had to deal with such rude and unprofessional people. I worked in a field that could have worked hand in hand with Aarons and still work in an enviorment that could promote Aaron's but the only way I will promote them now is in the court room.

Yeah and on the last note, it was funny that after I retruned the remote that wasn't stolen the delivery person told me he knew where I could get the same type of TV from a Friend for $$1000?? who does that??

66345fa
1.8
Had an experience with Aarons Rents?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
thug

Jan 20, 2013 Hamptonville, North Carolina

Do not do business whith this company i know they have committed burglary and trepass to try to repo stuff to avoid paying court fees and doing things the legal way

Jan 06

that is considered HOME INVASION another words it is so against the law to break into a home they can go to jail.

Fuck You Aarons rental

Dec 03, 2012

*** aarons they insurance covers them, There Obviously not hurting any or that's been out of business along time ago..

Tip 1 Renters insurance and keep all receipts

tip 2 ask these kind of questions to be afraid to ask its there job they get paid by from your resources that make there pay check so ask!

tip 3 Never Ever Never Ever tell them it was your fault make a police report even if it wasn't stolen don't let them scare you *** its America you have the ability to use your rights and there powerful don't be fooled

Dummy

Dec 17, 2012 Jackson, Mississippi

Aarons has zero insurance on stolen or damaged property, dont talk *** if you dont know the facts.

ripped many times

Mar 18, 2013

That is total Bullchit!! What do you think they are charging us on our payments everytime we pay? They charge interest, tax and insurance! They all do dumbazz!! That's how they cover thier azzes when chit like that happens. If they did'nt they would all go out of buisness! Then they try to charge you for stolen items! If the item has been stolen at the residence you are supposed to have it at and you file a police report they cannot make you pay! Thier insurance covers all the theft. It's only your fault if the item is stolen from somewhere it was not supposed to be at. And that's the fact's jack!!

eviedechant

Oct 28, 2012

My son, a truck driver ,laid down $500 to rent a 72' tv only to learn a week later that he was losing his job because the company was shut down by the DOT so my son promptly gets another job in ND paying a lot more money and he has to move that next day. I call Aaron's and tell them he is going to have to return the TV LONG before the next payment is due ( he paid over 2 months in advance) and they REFUSED to give any refund at all out of that $500!!! What a rip off! a scam! criminals is all I can say! and they put that very same TV back out and resold it for the same amount!!!. They were $500 richer and laughing all the way to the bank with that boys money... They are ALL the time taking advantage of people because they do not have the credit to go somewhere and buy! How does this company stay in business?

GOT TO BE MORE CAREFUL!!

Aug 27, 2012

I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME. IT SUCKS AND I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT RENTER'S INSURANCE BECAUSE WHEN I PURCHASED THE ITEM THEY ASKED ME IF I WANTED INSURANCE ON IT I SAID YES. WHEN THE DELIVERY GUYS BROUGHT IT TO MY HOUSE AND FURTHER DISCUSSED WITH ME THE INSURANCE POLICY HE SAID I'D BE COVERED IF IT WAS DAMAGED OR STOLEN. ONLY WAY TO GET IT REPLACED WHEN STOLEN IS TO HAVE A POLICE REPORT. THAT WASN'T THE CASE. AND LIKE I SAID I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT RENTER'S INSURANCE. JUST TAKE IT AS A LESSON LEARNED AND KNOW THE NEXT TIME YOU RENT IF YOU EVER DO GET YOU SOME RENTER'S INSURANCE. :)

0 0 Reply
Some suggestions for you from

Jul 30, 2012

Hi
I'm truly sorry for what you went through; theft is a terribly ivasive experience and upsetting. I know all about rude Aarons Rent a Center folks trust me. And I make my payments and fortunately I have rental insurance. What you really should consider is documenting the harrassments, time,date etc and write them a letter telling them to stop harrassing you- send it to the supervisor and save a copy for yourself. Also forward any continued harrassments to the BBB and to the State Attorney General's office. Also if for any reason you get behind and are placed in collections and they continue with this level of harrassment contact the following attorney--its called Flitter Lorenze Consumer Protection and they are great at suing abusive collectors. In the meantime, I urge you to get renters insurance-- I thought I couldnt afford it until I called Allstate-- they charge me 14 dollars a month and it covers up to 15,000 in stolen or damaged items etc. It doesnt have to be too hard to maintain. Good luck to you! You might also look to see if there are any joint lawsuits against them in your area-- they are often being sued for overcharing/overpricing their items.

Joan

Jul 18, 2012

I can't believe the people I talk to that don't have homeowners or renter's insurance. I have lived in rentals since 1983 and have always had renter's insurance. For $10.00 a month I get coverage to repair the unit if it is my fault, and to go out an buy all new products. My payment wouldn't be so high but I pay $2-$3.00 more per month because my budget can more easily afford to pay monthly than quarterly. That is cheap protection.

CommonSense

Jul 06, 2012

If you would've had homeowner/renters insurance it would have been covered...it was still in your care when stolen, so you are responsible for the payments.

anon

Jul 01, 2012

Must be nice to pay $125 on a 60" tv and then expect to not owe for it when it's "stolen"

IF your car was stolen you'd still be making the payments to the bank.

If your house burned down without insurance you'd still be making payments.

×
You were reading a complaint about Aarons Rents.
Filing a new complaint about
×