Aarons Rents - aarons rent to own

I am / was a long time renter four years not messing a payment 3 computers and he washer/dryer combo noting but problems with the frigiadaire front end loader they have been out 5 times are more not with out problem.i have been through 3 managers all with diffrent problems in management all with diffrent promises.

remember to get those in writing these little money grabing back stabers you have to watch.

which ends with a question how many times do they come out before it's enough just replace it.Mike the now manager should be replaced thats a whole other problem

d67db23 review #218949
7 Helpful? 27
Had the same issue1 Comments39 Report
Had an experience with Aarons Rents?  Submit review about this company
aarons-sucks

Dec 04, 2013

I will never go to Aarons again. I went through one store for a TV. It was a 12 month hassle. A couple years later I got my daughter a laptop. After paying for 11 months I had $18 to pay it off and I was not agreeing with the total. They tried to come pick up the laptop.

Lizard

Oct 31, 2013 Brooklyn, New York

I'm glad for all these comments and info. I just walked into an Aarons I didn't even realize was in my neighborhood (store just popped up). I saw some beautiful sofa's and the sales girl was trying to pressure me to buy it right then and there. I was trick or treating with my little one and he wanted to go before all the stores ran out of candy so I told the girl I will come back tomorrow.

Well I need a sofa, dinner table, bed frame, rugs, and end tables. I moved into a new apt recently and am slowly collecting furniture but the Holidays are here and I'd like the living/dinning room set up quickly. Now most of these complaints are about repairs/customer service. As long as Aarons isn't doing anything weird or criminal then I'll deal.

I will definately take it easy though. I will only get the sofa which is about 600-700 dollars. Perhaps I'll do 6 months so I can pay it off quickly and get on with life. If everything goes cool for those 6 months and I pay off the sofa then I'll purchase something else from them. I'll do it one item under 1000 at a time.

laurie

Jan 30

Actually I would say to beware, if you do save ALL your receipts. My contract expired in Dec 2013. I just found out they added 2 more months, so to say the least I will be suing to have the contract voided due to fraud and unjust enrichment.
They do not fulfil their warranty, when you ask for it to be fixed they do not do their part. Their contracts are very uneven. When they harass you even though they can call cause your late (because the think they are the only ones that work, but their customers don't).
I gave them my new number 6 times, my husband gave the driver his and mine again. But of course they don't get to collect 10$ if they just call you, that is why they drive to your home.
I say watch out, they violate their contracts, they do report to your credit report and under it it states installment loans, they do not accurately record your payments ( I paid most online) and they charge more then the contract states.
Just beware, this is not slander or deflamation- this is what I went thru and still am. Don't trust them at all!!!
My contract is for 24 months, yet they are charing me for 26 moths, plus almost 200.00 more then the contract states to be paid in full. A bad contract is the same as no contract!see you in court Aaron's. Your not cheating me anymore. :eek

George

Oct 15, 2013 Clare, Michigan

Had a problem with the dry repairs would take a while in a combination unit.They brought dryer till repairs could be maid.

Oct 08, 2013

DO NOT USE AARONS FOR ANY REASON.

shell

Jul 19, 2013 Orrville, Ohio

im a longtime customer bought lots of stuff i bought this coutch and love seat i payed for a year then are coutch started springs going up your *** and the guy said it wasnt reparable and it was on aarons so we decide to get 2 loveseats and were not able to make any payments after we paid a year they leave us with nothing they are so gready and i had to pick something i didnt even want.they are crooks and ill never deal with them again i told them to come and get your *** i dont want any of it.im really pissed im out of the thous dallars nothing to show who in there right mind wouldnt pay that much money on two love seats come on!the way there doing buissness they will fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To sarah

Oct 10, 2012

When you rent from them the tv is still theirs so they are liable to fix it. the tv is only yours after it is paid for. Obviously you never leased something from aarons so get your facts straight before you call some a lazy a** when the cotract says to contact aarons if something is broken.

The truth

Oct 10, 2012

Stay far away from aarons they screwed me over and harassed my parents house when they had nothing to do with this and called relatives I haven't seen in over ten years I never put them down as references. When I called the worker David from ontario ca store gave me smart a** remarks as all I wanted was my "pay off" amount so they can get out of my life for good! After he refused that I called corporate if that doesn't help I will seek some legal action. It shows they already have a lawsuit filed and I am glad but they should shut down for good.

Sarah

Oct 09, 2012

The only real complaints I am seeing is bad CS. Maybe the something needs repaired, but OMG how hard is it for lazy a***s to get up and fix it themselves. Or at least get someone you trust instead of the company you already owe money to.

sjh

Dec 04, 2013

when you are paying double for something you deserve the best CS available. They promise great service but give you ***. See the problem now?

Teresa from Redding ,CA

Jul 07, 2012

So i called Aarons to come out and fix the spring load mechanism on my reliner, they scheduled the appointment, then on the day that they scheduled for, they called and cancelled and said they would come out the next day, they came out the next day and looked at the recliner and the guy said "I forgot my tool box, we will have to reschedule to come out and get it and fix it and bring it back the same day" Bad service. :cry

Not My Fail

Jun 28, 2012

What ever Happened to save your money so you can buy it? Yeah I have a big flat screen TV and PS3 and comfy couch. But I saved My money and got a good price on all stuff! I saved up about two Grand for my couch and love seat and only paid twelve hundred so I bought A PS3 and some games. Yeah I had *** stuff but I saved for it and paid cash for it. And I Dont Have Some Goon Tryin To Bash My Door In Or Callin Every Week Reminding My They Want Money. Save Money, Save for it and own that ***.

NONE OF YOURS

Jun 25, 2012

THEY ARE THE DUMBEST PIECES OF *** I KNOW AND THEY CAN SUCK A FAT ONE!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

willis d starcher sr.parkersbu

May 26, 2012

i paid off my 42: tv , still under warenty. tv went bad, arrons took to fix on monday, i called on sat. ty will not go to shop until next mon. i don,t get a loaner. because ty is paid off. this whole thing is *** and doesn,t make any kind of sence.

sharyn

Mar 08, 2012

OMG, they will do anything to get you to rent to own but service sucks. Took them months to fix a flat screen. When you get close to payoff you get told "your last payment is next month" even when you are holding your contract in you hand. I got washer/dryer, two flat screens, laptop, couch and bedroom set. Was always on time once I couldn't help the forces of life and was late. OMG they sent two goons who came to my house and banged so hard on the door Niknak were shaking on the shelves on the wall. I was shaking so bad I was hiding in the bathroom and called 911. Then called my brother who lived real close who got there before the cops. Ya I was in the wrong but omega did they have to scare the *** out of me. Complained to the store manager to no agape. Never got an apology.

Melody Taylor

Jan 03, 2012

If you have bad credit,then you head for a store like Aaron.You can get what every red blooded American want's in there home.Yes-It cost more,But who's fault is that.There taking a risk on you.I am grateful for my 60' TV,My washer dryer,my computer,laptop,bedroom set.All purchased thru Aaron.Read your contract.Understand what your getting into.I have been a loyal customer for 7 year's.Service has been fantastic.

julia1962

Nov 14, 2011

just saw this online:

Lawsuit Filed Against Aaron’s, Inc. Regarding Alleged Improper Practices

Lawsuit claims that Aaron’s, Inc. repeatedly breaches rent-to-own contracts, violates state usury laws, and engages in unfair business practices.

Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) November 11, 2011
Atlanta law firm Webb, Klase & Lemond, LLC has filed a class action lawsuit against Aaron’s, Inc., one of America’s leading rent-to-own companies with over 1,900 total stores. Aaron’s leases furniture, appliances, and electronics to consumers usually with the promise that, after a certain number of payments have been successfully completed, the consumer will own the items.
The new lawsuit alleges that Aaron’s has breached its lease agreements by refusing to provide pay-off information to consumers and through other improper practices. The suit further asserts that the company has used unfair business practices, false advertising, and misrepresentations to induce customers to enter lease agreements that are not as favorable for the consumer as represented. The claims also include unjust enrichment. The case, styled Clark v. Aaron’s, Inc., is pending in the Superior Court of Fulton County Georgia and has been assigned Case Number 2011-CV-207622.
According to the suit, Aaron’s rent-to-own business model is in reality the extension of credit through consumer loans disguised as leases for the purchase of goods. The
... Show more

susan williams

Oct 23, 2011

I have been a long time customer with aarons with past accounts paid in full. The store in palm springs on congress ave in west palm beach fl. take money out of your bank account with no authorization.

secret

Oct 01, 2011

Dammmm.... I was thinking in buying something from them but now im not!!! With all this that I read it horrible!!!

i got took.

Sep 23, 2011

i got a 65 inch flat screen tv from aarons in pekin ill. i get it delivered i plug it in and half the screen is black so i called them and they said they would repair it and gave me a loner witch was only a 60 inch so a week goes by and we call them to see whats taking so long to repair our 65 inch and they said that they had no idea what i was talking about that no 65 inch had been brought in for repair and that if i wanted a 65 inch i would have to pay more. so now im stuck paying for a 65 inch when all i have is a 60 inch loner tv that is over 4 years old. its not fair that i have to pay for their mistake. oh and big deal ur 1 of the very few lucky ones that havent got screwd by arrons. they avoid their customers when ever something needs repaird. they dont return calls . but they sure dont hesitate to call or stop by if ur late on a payment.

1-20 of 39 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Aarons Rents.
Filing a new complaint about
×