Aarons Rents - Aarons lied about credit check

Jun 17, 2009
review #150129

Me and my husband went to Aarons looking for a washer and dryer.At first, we were treated good, until the salesman took our application.

We rented from them before years ago, but for financial reasons, we had to take the tv back. That was almost 4 years ago. He made us wait a while, until some lady who did not work at aarons showed up and talked to my husband. Turns out that the salesman ran some kind of credit check and yes, my husband pawned his car title and still owes some money to Moneytree, located not too far from aarons.

She asked him if he was going to pay what he owed, he replied that he is been paying every month and he is almost done with the debt, which is true. But this lady was really rude, she demanded the rest of the money (only $100), which he did not have to pay yet with an attitude. My husband did not have the money, so she told him "I'm going to garnish your wages, then" and she left. We were puzzled, especially when we saw her talking to the salesman like they were great friends.

Obviously, we left without getting anything.

Do not trust aarons.

they do run a credit check and if you owe anythin, even if you are paying it off, they wont give you anything.that is false advertisement!

66e2431
0.5
Had an experience with Aarons Rents?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
johns

Dec 04, 2013

they can not and do not do that. someone scammed you

Rachel

Jan 22, 2013 Columbia, South Carolina

I can assure you the woman wa probably from moneytree. My husband happens o have no credit and they didn't check his, they called his references. If you owe money somewhere else and she was from moneytree he was used as a reference. I wish you luck in he future.

Giegie

Jul 03, 2012

If you follow the Dave Ramsey plan, you don't rely on ceidrt. You don't have a car loan and you pay 20% down on your house so you get a good interest rate. My ceidrt score sucks right now, but my insurance cost have not gone up. Get with the program!I am sure that you will not allow any comments considering that you have a poor feedback and no comments have yet to be approved. People like you make me sick with your promises to help poor people. You prey on them and I am sure you are scheming

Phil- F1075

Apr 29, 2012

Aaron's does not run credit checks. Everyone is pre-approved. However, Aaron's does report GOOD payers to credit companies to help boost their credit. Aaron's does not report anything that would have negative affects on your credit.

FOR SALE by Charlie

Feb 22, 2012

Aaron's does check and report credit, just ask them! Tell them you want to build up your credit and they will jump right in and tell you they report to all 3 companies! A skip trace is a quick credit check, sue them! Everyone else is and winning! Look it up, why do you think Charlie is selling them?! The company will be pieced up and sold off. no more Woodhaven, East paces advertising, lamp company, of over paid managers! They are ripe for the picking! EVERYONE knows they file criminal charges on customers, treat the poor like *** and CHECK/REPORT CREDIT! :cry

Joe

Jan 20, 2012

DONT BRING YOUR BUSINESS AT AARONS! BE SMART!!!

Mel

Jan 06, 2012

I don't know what to say, they could say that they don't run your credit, but why are we going to believe what they say, specially with their lame out of control prices, If i were you, Don't get anything from there, save up a few hundred dollars and buy your stuff Cash, you will pay like 5 times less of what Aaron's will charge you at the end anyways.

0 0 Reply
I check my credit report

Nov 10, 2011

Aarons does NOT run credit checks. You can see who has checked your credit on your credit report. I have a TV from there and they did not view my credit report.

After 6 months

Nov 06, 2011

I was told by Aarons in Yuba City, that they report to all 3 credit bureaus after 6 months.

common sense

Oct 31, 2011

Maybe save your money until you have $100 and then go pay back the loan you owe. Then pay back any other money you owe to anyone you owe money to. Then save up another $100 (I know this is probably like 3 months salary for you) and go buy a used washer/dryer with that $100.....jeeze, people never learn.

Manager

Apr 20, 2011

I am the general manager of an Aaron's store and yes we do illegally run credit checks because no one does anything about it.
The owner tells me I have to even tho I have told him it's illegal.
Aaron's is happy to rip off the poor and abise their rights as well!

lala

Dec 23, 2013 Chicago, Illinois

Then legally if your company is running credit checks then the contract becomes an installment contract. Not a RTO, someone like me could sue for usury under the laws for that.

Anthony

Feb 04, 2010

Sorry but Aarons does not do credit checks.

John

Dec 02, 2009

Jack...its Aarons you ***!!! Learn to spell smart one!! There is no credit check ever! Like anonoymus said...the sales associate obviously knew the person the worked at Moneytree and called her and thats the reason she showed up!! People just have to complain for *** stuff that's actually their fault and try to make everybody else look bad to get the light off them. PAY YOUR BILLS!!!!!

Mike

Oct 04, 2009

Seriously....the only reason a credit check would every have been done is if you skipped out with the tv. Then a skip trace report is completed. I worked as a manager for Aarons for seven years and never once did a credit check on any customer unless they disappeared with my merchandise. Then I found there *** and had them thrown in jail !!!!

anonoymus

Sep 29, 2009

aarons does not run a credit check at all!! I bet if anything the lady was from moneytree and knew the sales associate!!! thats why you need to pay your bills on time, it will come back to *** you in the butt.,

×
You were reading a complaint about Aarons Rents.
Filing a new complaint about
×